YouthLaw Aotearoa is a community law centre for children and young people under 25, based in Manukau, Auckland. There is a unique opportunity for the right individual to join our team – someone who is passionate, motivated and has experience working with young people.
The role is full-time and fixed term to 31 July 2021. An exciting and diverse role, the Youth Participation, Co-Design and Social Media Coordinator has responsibilities for:
- Coordinating and facilitating our youth participation and co-design projects;
- Increasing YouthLaw’s presence on social media; and
- Developing relationships with youth sector stakeholders across New Zealand.
We are looking for someone who:
- Can connect with young people to maintain a high level of engagement and create meaningful outcomes as a result;
- Has experience working with young people and managing real-life risks;
- Can communicate clearly and effectively with young people and with your peers and colleagues;
- Can prioritise workloads and has the flexibility to work outside of ordinary office hours and on the weekend.
You will also be familiar with, and committed to, YouthLaw’s Vision and Strategic Plan, the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child, and Te Tiriti o Waitangi. Finally, you must be able to commit to the role for the duration of the Fixed Term contract.
The successful candidate must also have the right to work in New Zealand.
To apply for the role, email email@example.com with your CV and a brief letter explaining your suitability.
Please be advised that youth representatives from our Board, Youth Advisory Committee and/or Project Team will be assisting with the recruitment process and your information will be shared with them accordingly.
Applications close 11pm 9 August 2020.