YouthLaw Aotearoa is a free community law centre for children and young people nationwide. We provide free legal services to anyone aged under 25 who are unable to access legal help elsewhere, or those acting on their behalf. We’re a registered charity (CC10505) and we’re part of the nationwide community law centre network. We’re the only organisation operating across NZ where children and young people can access free legal services just for them.
We provide four main services to children and young people:
- We provide legal advice via our 0800 UTHLAW (884 529) advice line.
- Legal information on our website and with other resources such as our phone app.
- Education sessions for young people and those who work with them.
- To book an education session please call us.
- We work to make law changes that will improve access to justice for children and young people.