A unique opportunity exists for an enthusiastic and passionate lawyer to join YouthLaw Aotearoa as their General Manager. YouthLaw Aotearoa is a community law centre for children and young people under 25.
An exciting and diverse full time role, the General Manager has overall responsibility for the operation of the law centre, including responsibilities for:
- Leadership of the YouthLaw team, including Legal Supervision
- Implementation of the YouthLaw Strategic Plan, including our strategic objective of becoming a Treaty Based Organisation
- Management of the Budget
- Management of Team Resourcing
- Representing YouthLaw to external stakeholders, including other CLCs, Government and Media
- Management of Advocacy, Education and Law Reform programs
An experienced supervising lawyer, you must have great leadership, interpersonal and business management skills and be able to engage with internal and external stakeholders to achieve the organisation objectives.
You must hold the ability to practise on your own account or be able to obtain this upon commencement of the role.
The successful candidate must also have the right to work in NZ.
To apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and a brief letter explaining your suitability and availability.
Applications close 5pm 22 July 2018.